Nosso cliente, multinacional no segmento de mineração está contratando este profissional.
SUBORDINATE TO: Head of HSE Brazil, Non-Operated Joint Ventures – Belo Horizonte
- Understand extensive technical environmental and engineering studies and data over a very large area.
- Support the BHP Brazil team in managing and implementing actions associated with delivering against the Key Focus Areas (KFAs) for Renova and Samarco.
- Providing technically sound strategy in a complex political, regulatory, social and legal environment.
- Operating with limited supervision and high level of autonomy.
- Provide strategic environmental technical support to BHP Brazil team in areas of tailings management, sediment transport, river remediation, water quality assessment, ecological and human health risk assessments.
- Manage environmental consultants and contractors working for BHP.
- Provide strategic environmental input into the Samarco and Renova Board committees.
- Support the BHP Renova Board members and secondees with advice on key social and environmental matters focused on Resettlement, PIM, Restoration of Fishing Livelihoods, Tailings Management, Health studies and river remediation.
- Support the BHP KFA teams providing governance on Renova programs.
- Support the Corporate Affairs and Legal functions to address key issues that they are managing including development of legal defense strategy and materials for civil claims.
- Represent BHP at workshops, seminars and government meetings.
- Maintain consistency and transparency in all actions taken, as prescribed by the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (List minimum qualifications and legal requirements)
- University degree in any field of Environmental Sciences or Engineering with a focus on water resources, geochemistry and impact assessment.
- Fluent English & Portuguese